8.02.2007

Biscuits and (Wavy) Gravy

Today I suffered one of many insults I'm sure to endure as I grow up -- Mommy and Daddy used me to play dress-up. Oh, the humanity!! Don't get me wrong; I like the individual pieces. The tie-dyed shirt is a bit retro (at least 2 times over), and it smells a little like patchouli, but it's 'groovy.' And the sandals are super-cute, but it's not like I'm walking anywhere (yet). Even the overalls are OK (although personally I prefer SevenJeans denim). I guess it's just the combination; it's like Ben Cohen and Roy Clark were somehow merged and miniaturized. Well, see what you think:



As if that weren't enough, then Daddy decided to use me as a prop in his attempt at an "Artsy" photoshoot. Now let me be clear. Where Daddy is concerned, I'll take Artsy over Fartsy any day (sadly, I get more of the latter), but I don't like all the posing. Anyway, here's a shot:



In other news, I've had a very social week. The big thing, as I understand it, is to have an entourage, and you can never start these things too early. So, I've been putting together my own little posse. In total, there are 5 of us: Me, Peter, Alex, Will, Huxley (although little Mr. Brave New World [not his namesake, I'm told] hasn't proven himself brave enough to make an appearance. He's due in late August). Anyway, I've been visiting with everyone in the crew. I saw Huxley's mom at her dissertation defense (she rocked, BTW), and I saw Peter at another dissertation defense (do Mommy and Daddy know how to show me a good time or what?!). As for Will and Alex, we had a couple of movie dates...er, I mean screenings together. We're very into film, you know.

Sadly, I don't have a picture of all of us, but I'm working on it. In the meantime, here's a "pre-entourage" shot:


[Left to Right: Will, Me, Alex, Peter, Huxley]

So yeah, it's been a busy week. I'm pretty tired. And since I'm still a little miffed at Mommy and Daddy's about the dress-up thing, I've had to find a new snuggle partner.


Not bad. Not bad at all...

-lbs.

6 comments:

JeffMediaTake said...

liev I swear your dad wasn't as big (or as charming) as you are now when he was 12 ...

nuncle j

JeffMediaTake said...

correction to the above....

liev, i meant to write "your grandfather wasn't as big, etc." (can't get used calling him that yet... )

although, come to think, perhaps it is true for your dad as well

nuncle

lesdmd said...

Dearest Liev,
A few suggestions:
1. Ask dad about his lederhosen.
2. Tell dad to stop posing you with the sun in your eyes.
3. Start referring to the members of your entourage as BFF.
4. Gracie is certainly a BFF.
5. Grandpa wants photo credits for the before picture.
Nice knees, by the way.
We love you -
Grandma and Grandpa

Unknown said...

Dear Liev,
I honestly don't know why men are always so concerned about size. Everyone knows that quality beats out size every time and you are a WINNER in all categories. You look very handsome in your new duds. I wouldn't worry about the dress up thing unless it's literally a dress. Mom and Dad are just showing off the nice gifts you received, besides modeling can be lucrative sideline.(PS-I know for a fact there was no patchoulli involved)
Love , Grandma & Grandpa

lesdmd said...

By the way (in response to your nuncle J)

Your grandpa was "husky" (that was the word back then) in the day. You, on the other hand are "ripped".

Love,
Grandpa

Unknown said...

Liev, as I learned last week on a t.v. dance show, it is very important
to be extremely nice to your "dressers" or they will take out their bad moods on you. If you are unhappy with the ensemble, I suggest you try some cooing, burbling, and eye batting(once you can focus)and see if that helps. When all else fails you can poop on the offensive outfits. Eventually , they should get the hint. By the way, your Dad used to be quite a natty dresser in his younger days.
Love, Grandma & Grandpa