7.14.2007

Tub Time with Daddy

Grandma and Grandpa just left yesterday. I was sad to see them go. They're awful nice, plus they were so incredibly helpful around the house. Grandma made yummy food (not that I can eat it yet, but it smelled super good), Grandpa helped clean and they both took care of a bunch of errands. I just can't say thank you enough.

So, in addition to waking up with a smaller fan club, I overheard Mommy and Daddy saying I smell. Can you believe it? First of all, if *do* smell, it's their fault. They keep wiping me down; it's hardly my fault if they're not doing it right. Plus, it's just hypocritical. Mommy isn't exactly fresh a lot of the time, and as for Daddy...well, he just stinks. In fact, I'd wager half the reason I smell -- again, IF I even do -- is because Daddy's always handling me after one of his sweaty workouts. And he wonders why I cry...

Anyway, apparently the solution to all this was a bath with Daddy. So now we're both clean. Maybe next time Mommy will take a bath with me so she can get clean too. It's not that I mind the bath so much -- truthfully, it was kind of fun. It's just that if Mommy and Daddy are going to point fingers and say I'm stinky they should follow the sage advice of Michael Jackson and start with "the man in the mirror." Yes, indeed, that's good advice. Not that I'm surprised. After all, who knows more about little boys than Michael Jackson.

And on that note, if you're the sort who digs pictures of bath time, here's one of me and daddy in the tub. Enjoy!



-lbs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Liev,

I wouldn't take Mom and Dad's comments too seriously. Before you were around, they would blame all the odd smells on Gracie. Getting the "blame" is just a rite of passage and a welcoming initiation into the family; Besides, how cool is it to get to take a bath in the big tub with Dad--Gracie never got to do that!!
We had the best time visiting with you and were very sad to leave and plan on seeing you again soon. You were a perfect host.
Much love,
Grandma & Grandpa

lesdmd said...

Dearest Liev,
You were a big hit at the Hudson Library today. I ran into an old patient with his computer running on the Wi-Fi network and, of course, I had to show you off.
Taking a bath with Dad adds a whole new dimension to "bath-tub toys". When you are a bit older I will instruct you in what you can do if he ever again tells you "you smell" while you are in the tub together.
Granma and I miss you very much but could console ourselves with all the pictures we took. When your beautiful eyes can focus, we will share them with you.
Love,
Grandpa and Grandma

amy said...

I like the fact you can see Gracie in the corner...nice shot ;)