7.05.2007

What's next?!?

I'm a little worried about tomorrow. Not because it's my first day at home. I figure I can handle that in and of itself. No, I'm concerned because if the last two days have been anything of a trend, I don't like where things are headed. Recall...

Day 1 was tough. Being born is no easy task, let me tell you. It's not just all the pushing and the squishing (although you should have seen my head. I'm only just now getting it back to the way I like it!). I was quite happy where I was. I had this great pad where it was dark and quiet. My meals were taken care of for me and I didn't even have to clean up after myself. Then, all of a sudden, I'm out in the bright lights and it's loud and everyone's poking at me. Rough day.

Then day 2 started ok but quickly took a turn for the worse. It was just getting into a nice little routine -- Eat, Sleep, Poop; Repeat -- when I had the most painful and embarrassing operation you can imagine. I think my pediatrician must be Dr. Torquemada. Why would anyone look down there and think, "hmmm, needs a trim." Anyway, I'm doing ok now. I just don't want to go through anything like that again.

So like I said, I'm a little worried about tomorrow. Then again, maybe things will turn around. I'll keep you posted...

-lbs.

3 comments:

lesdmd said...

Dear LBS,
As Woody Allen used to say: "Eighty percent of success is showing up". You are doing your job admirably. Your grandparents are arriving tomorrow and I can guarantee that your only job will be to "be". We love you and look forward to saying hello.
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa

phyllis said...

Welcome LBS and mucho congrats to Mom and Dad!
You've just turned the world of several people upside down -- keep up the great work. Also, if you're interested in older women we know a really cute 8mo. old who would love to meet you.
Keep the photos coming...
Love,
"Aunt" Phyllis and Bob

Unknown said...

Dear Liev,

Reports confirm that you are being the perfect baby. Keep in mind that you don't want the folks to become overly confident at such an early age. We'll soon being teaching you how to create some mischief until "they" catch onto us. See you soon!
Lots of love,

Grandma and Grandpa