7.21.2007

The virtues of exercise

I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's been a pretty busy and exciting week. Let me try to catch you up...

This week has been all about fitness. I had my two week check up this week and I wanted to pass with flying colors. You see, most kids lose a little weight after being born and doctor types like to make sure they've gained it back by about two weeks. So, to prepare, I've been trying to eat healthy and work out. Here's a shot of me after some intense tummy time. You can tell it was a good workout; I'm pretty tuckered here.



I guess the exercise paid off, though. My doctor said I was up to 9lbs/13oz, which is nearly a whole pound above my birth weight. Plus my jaundice is all gone. My heart and lungs sound good, too. It was a good check-up.

In addition to seeing the doctor, me and Mommy and Daddy have just been going more places in general. Nothing big; just errands and stuff. As a result of being out and about, I've been dining out more -- which I enjoy -- and meeting lots of new people. Plus we've been entertaining at the house. In fact, a few of Mommy and Daddy's friends have come by and brought food, which is really generous of them.

Speaking of generous, on Wednesday we got a HUGE pile of packages. And the best part was they were almost all for me! I got some of the coolest toys and books and stuff this week. Mommy and Daddy sure do have some nice friends. I've been trying everything out and I hope to share some pictures of it all with you soon.

Wow, I'm pretty tired just thinking about all the stuff that happened this week. Maybe it's all those new workouts, too. Either way, I've been sleeping more at night -- up to 5 hours at a shot -- which is nice for everyone, I think. Not that I don't still grab a nap here and there. In fact, the other day I was so tired, I just kinda fell asleep right where I was. Here's a picture:



Yeah, life is pretty sweet.

-lbs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Liev,
I can see that the intense tummy time is paying off. Your biceps and triceps are forming nicely, which will come in very handy when you start to hold your bottle, and I bet when you look in the mirror (as soon as you can focus) you'll see a "little sixpack" forming. Your Mom & Dad have always exercised to stay healthy and they're getting you off to a great start. You should also know how lucky you are: You're the ONLY ONE in the entire family that's supposed to be gaining weight. Lot's of love,
Grandma & Grandpa

lesdmd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lesdmd said...

Dearest Liev,
(oops, had to delete the first version 'cause I signed it Dad)
There were several new arrivals this week: "Hairspray", The new Harry Potter Book, but none as exciting as your latest blog page. I think you will find that nothing is as comforting as sleeping in dad's or mom's arms after a heavy workout.
Love you,
Grandpa